Applying Positive Psychology in Education
- Do you want to understand how to get the best out of your learners?
- Are you interested in evidence-based interventions to improve engagement and performance?
- Would you like to build a positive education environment?
Positive Education is an exciting branch of positive psychology that is growing in schools, colleges and universities. In essence, positive psychology is the study of what makes life worth living, how people flourish and become successful. This can mean many things to different people. It could mean performing at your best, being happy, finding meaning in what you do, being engaged in the task at hand, improved well-being, bringing out the best in others or reaching your full potential.
On this course you will learn practical ways to gain an understanding of Positive Education and its application in the classroom. This will include learning about the benefits of applying strengths, promoting well-being/positive emotions within your educational establishment, increase resilience amongst your staff and learners, in order to persist and succeed at goals.
The course topics
- Introduction to Positive Education
- Understand your own strengths and the strengths of your learners
- How to increase happiness and well-being
- The growth mindset
- Building resilience for staff and learners
Course outcomes and objectives
The outcomes and objectives of the course are to understand:
- What positive psychology is and is not
- What strengths are and to understand one’s own strengths
- How to increase positive emotions
- How willpower and the growth mindset can contribute to goal success
Ways in which you can increase your own wellbeing and that of your work colleagues and learners
and be able to apply Positive Education techniques at your school/college/university to:
- Increase focus and engagement on learning tasks
- Create greater productivity
- Build resilience in challenging situations
- Improve happiness and wellbeing
- Achieve goals more effectively
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those with an interest in Positive Education who want to learn how to apply concepts for themselves, their learners and their colleagues, e.g.:
- Teachers and teaching assistants
- School governors
Please contact us for details about the next Applying Positive Psychology In Education course that we’ll be running.