Notifications
Clear all

Module 6 - Resilience  

RSS
Nyawera Kibuka

I just watched The Dawn Wall - Trailer and it sent shivers down every part of my body. Has anyone watched the full documentary? 

Posted : 02/07/2020 9:40 am
Lesley liked
Abby Gray
Eminent Member

I watched the trailer but not the full documentary. For some reason I had thought that it was an advert for the Red Bull drink because of the name of the person who had uploaded it! It was very interesting, but definitely climbing isn't for me. I take risks when I can - such as in education - with my only reassurance being that I don't expect to pass, etc and frame of mind seems to work. 

I think that resilience is important for helping us to overcome challenges - I see it each day with my one remaining hen, as she is 7 1/2 years old and doing very well despite old age reaching her pen-mates. (She is still laying as well!) It also helps with a sense of personal satisfaction because one tries as hard as one can and then waits for the result which is uncertain, but there is hope that the result is beneficial in some way. What are your thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 9:46 am
David Jonnes

I'd never thought about positive psychology for chickens until now! Can it explain why the chicken crossed the road - mindset? 🙂

I love hens, yours seems rather special.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 11:40 am
Abby Gray liked
Abby Gray
Eminent Member

Hi David,

The resilience is in her being alone for so many years (3) with the passing of Frodo (5years 11 months) - yet she continues on with her life. I think it is because they forget they ever have mates, from what a friend said, as a fox could enter the hen pen and kill three of her mates, and ducks nearby on the farm would be traumatised by it, but the hens just continue with life, not traumatised in the slightest.

It probably can explain the joke - I'm still working on figuring that aspect out though!

Great - they are fascinating creatures, but not the brightest perhaps (maybe why the chicken crossed the road?) and their eyesight I don't think is great (another possible reason, maybe they did not see the oncoming traffic?).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 6:08 pm
Lesley liked
Share:

Online Members

No online members at the moment

Recent Posts